We provide emergency housing, second stage housing and transitional support for abused women and their children throughout the London area. We offer accommodation, counseling and a 24-hour helpline for women in distress and offer support in four main areas:
• a 24-hour Abused Women’s Helpline
• emergency short-term shelters for abused women and their children
• second stage housing where abused women and children can stay for up to one year
• transitional outreach services for women
Providing safe places and services for abused women and their children.
Ending woman abuse and its impact on families and communities.
Women’s Community House believes in:
- Recognizing and promoting that the physical and emotional safety of abused women and their children is the highest priority.
- Educating society, by providing public education and promoting prevention strategies, about how abuse and its threat deprives people of their basic human rights.
- Recognizing that woman abuse negatively impacts the health, economic and social well-being of women, children and communities.
- Responding to the diverse community.
- Educating society about the tactics of power and control that abusers use.
- Promoting and supporting enforcement of the law against abuse and not colluding with abusive tactics.
- Promoting healthy relationships.
- Incorporating feminism, diversity, and universal accessibility into our policies, procedures and practices.
- Operating within an integrated community response to end violence against women and children.
- Fostering an atmosphere of well-being and independence through enthusiasm, creativity, respect, humour and strength.
- Creating an exemplary quality of worklife for employees and volunteers by being a progressive workplace.
- Promoting environmental awareness and being environmentally responsible.
- Achieving continued financial stability through a diversified funding base.
- Demonstrating accountability to all stakeholders and the community.
- Advocating for social justice.